Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pet Peeve: Christmas Decorations TOO EARLY

Poor Thanksgiving. It's so neglected anymore. Even ON THE DAY Macy's parade is Christmas themed. What is that all about? Why can't we just give the pilgrims and Indians their day? I guess it's the kids?

Photobucket

I'm sure AT&T is involved. Somehow. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Is it too much to ask that Christmas lights NOT be put up until the day AFTER Thanksgiving? Or if you are going to put them up, maybe they should be brown, orange and tan. And the pumpkins still have some life. Leaves haven't even finished falling from the trees.

I wonder if people just don't like Thanksgiving and want to rush right passed it. There are no gifts involved with it....and quite frankly if they have to spend time with people they don't like and don't get a gift for it what's the point?

I'll tell you what the point is. Turkey. Dressing. Cranberry Sauce. And GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE! YUMMY! And oh yeah...there's the being THANKFUL part of the whole day. Is nobody thankful for anything? Okay, I'm generalizing. Not EVERYONE speeds past Thanksgiving at the speed of light. But a lot do.

AT&T probably does. Nobody buys a cell phone for Thanksgiving. They buy them for Christmas presents.

All I know is that Thanksgiving is a pretty big deal in our family. It always has been. We usually (read: always) eat too much, lay around for awhile,then have some family fun night. Then we eat some dessert, lay around for awhile, then watch a little TV. Then we make ourselves another little light snack (read: whole plate of leftovers) and lay around some more. Then off to bed tossing and turning for 2 hours because we ate entirely too much.

But you have enough calories in you to sustain an entire day of Black Friday shopping....beginning at 5:00 a.m.

THAT'S when Christmas begins, people.

***********************************

This post officially created for your reading enjoyment by the writing team of Cheri Pryor and Linda Houchins. We are double the funny.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. There are houses in my neighborhood that put up Christmas decorations the day after Halloween. It's crazy.

    I love Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog post today is in honor of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bad girl :) I never put my decorations up until Thanksgiving BUT Ron helped me carry them down and I was tired of falling over boxes....I agree completely....and mine are all snowflakes and snowmen :) ehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Cheri thankfully our Thanksgiving is in October!! I wish you and your family and very Happy Thanksgiving and have a family fun night playing game boards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hate of AT&T is taking over your life...hahahahahaaaaa

    LOVE Ya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails