Have you ever picked up your cell phone and either dialed your home number or the cell number of another individual who was ALSO in your house? Is this ever acceptable? I know, some of you are shouting from the rooftops about the pure laziness of this concept. "Back when I was younger we didn't have cell phones and we walked upstairs to talk to people...both directions!" I can hear that flying out of some of your over-30 mouths. But I'm here to argue that there are some acceptable scenarios.
TOP 10 REASONS it is okay to call someone who is in your house while you are also in the house with them:
10. You are upstairs. They are downstairs. You have laryngitis.
9. You are downstairs. They are upstairs. You have laryngitis.
8. The satellite has gone haywire. The TV in one room is not synched to the satellite box in the other. Call someone in the other room so you can calmly discuss what is appearing on the TV screen. This will save you from shouting excessively and developing a case of laryngitis.
7. You are sitting watching TV. Specifically a show your significant other wants to watch but you don't. Call them. They will be distracted until they see it is you calling, but it will be just enough time to snatch the remote. Turn the channel to something you want to watch instead.
6. You are on the phone with someone that has gotten long-winded. You really want to get back to the last chapter of a really good book. Motion to the other person in the house to call whatever phone you are NOT talking on. When it rings, tell the person that you are getting another call and need to hang up.
5. Your daughter/son is sitting in the other room with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Things get quiet. Call.
4. You have asked your son 3 times to take the trash out. He keeps getting sidetracked on the computer with Facebook/MySpace. Call him to remind him to take the trash out even if he is sitting 5 feet away from you. This may require at least 4 calls.
3. You are upstairs and have just finished showering. Your laundry room is downstairs....with your pants that have just finished drying. You hear visitors. Call someone to bring you your britches.
2. You are upstairs sleeping. Someone walks through the front door and wakes you. You think it is one of your children. You hope it is one of your children. You pray it is one of your children. Call each child until you confirm that it is one of your children.
and the number 1 reason it is okay to call someone in the house when you are in the house WITH them:
1. You've just discovered the toilet paper roll is empty. And you have laryngitis.
Matcha Panna Cotta by Erica
3 hours ago