Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's a daddy to do....

when he sees that his baby is almost grown up? He hi-tails it to the back yard because his eyes "need some fresh air". Yes, those were the exact words from my husband as I sat and edited my daughter's senior pictures taken in our hometown a couple of weekends ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket

25 years together and sometimes my husband still manages to surprise me with his reactions to things.

But I will give him the benefit of the doubt in this case. It is a little surreal that we are so close to having an empty nest. Well, as empty as a nest can ever be....do we really EVER get completely rid of them? Or want to? Hmmm....

Of our three children, this one has been particularly hard on Troy because they shared an entire year together living without the rest of us. Remember that? So while Lindsay challenged Troy in many ways and bugged the crap out of him with her multiude of teenage drama-queen issues, he is particularly close with her because it was just the two of them for so long.

Photobucket

So it's okay he got emotional. He earned it.

But I'm a little worried about graduation night.....

6 comments:

  1. Awww - she is so beautiful!! Just bring a box of kleenex and dark glasses to graduation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri, big poppa here, two little girls, man us daddys are protective and close to our little angels.
    BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! And she is gorgeous! I just asked John what he will do when Ashlyn is a senior and about to go off and leave us. He said he'd have a party, but I suspect he'll be changing his tune in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so beautiful...god bles troys heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so pretty! And looks like her mama!

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Troy is right lock her up for a few years! I also pity the boy that breaks her heart! Gorgeous photos Cheri.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails